Saturday 27 February 2010

A bit of spit and polish..






Well, it's getting there at any rate. I quite like the imperfections so am going to leave them but it needs the patination and wax finish sorted. Looking at notions of the vessel in contemporary ceramics and craft based disciplines eg metalwork, stone and woodcarving. Looking at the vessel in organic forms and the female body, and involving these ideas in my work. After attending the Ceramic Art London 2010 show at the RCA today, I have realised I do not want my work to have that overly polished and perfect look to it. I want it to retain an essence of 'rawness' (of material and assemblage), and for it to reveal the structures that build it. Layers, holes, dips and curves all compliment the form and give insight to the workings behind them.

No comments:

Post a Comment